a) Estimate the side length of the rug, to one decimal place.
b) Check your estimate with a calculator.
- √11 = 3.316
c) Will the rug fit? Explain.
- Yes it will, because the area of the room is 20 m2.
14. Alex is thinking of a number.
"The number has a square root between 7 and 8, and it is a multiple of 12."
a) What number could he be thinking of?
b) Is there more than one answer? Explain.
- No, because there aren't any more multiples of 12 in between √49 and √64.
18. a) Evaluate √9.
b) Estimate the square root of your answer in part a), to one decimal place.
c) Use a calculator to check your estimate. Express your answer to the nearest hundredth.
d) How close is your estimate in part b) to your calculation in part c)?
- The difference is 0.17
1. The Pythagorean Relationship is the relationship between the sides of a right triangle. Two side lengths, called "the legs"'s area added together would equal the hypotenuse's area.
2. Solve the missing side length.
3. Is this a right triangle? Prove it!!!