Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Charry's Proportion Post

Task 1
  • ratio: a relationship between two numbers of the same kind.
  • rate: Compares two quantities measured in different units.
  • proportion: An equation which states that two ratios are equal
example of proportion: 9 bananas cost $1.
35 . How much will 16 bananas cost?







Task 2
  1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph




  2. 2.
    As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.








Task 3

3/4 = 12/16

    Horizontally
    Diagonally
    Vertically


Task 4


Task 5


  1. Does this seem fair?
    It's NOT fair.

  2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?
    I don't think its fair because the guy who stole 100 dollars will be15 years in jail, then the guy who stole 3 million dollars gets a 40 month sentence.

  3. What would you have done if you were the judge?
    If I were the judge I will give the guy who stole $100 a 3 or 2 months sentence , then I would give a 1 or 2 years sentence for the guy who stole 3Billions .

No comments:

Post a Comment