- ratio: a relationship between two numbers of the same kind.
- rate: Compares two quantities measured in different units.
- proportion: An equation which states that two ratios are equal
35 . How much will 16 bananas cost?
- 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph
As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
3/4 = 12/16
Here's a proportion video .
- Does this seem fair?
It's NOT fair.
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?
I don't think its fair because the guy who stole 100 dollars will be15 years in jail, then the guy who stole 3 million dollars gets a 40 month sentence.
- What would you have done if you were the judge?
If I were the judge I will give the guy who stole $100 a 3 or 2 months sentence , then I would give a 1 or 2 years sentence for the guy who stole 3Billions .