Wednesday, October 12, 2011

John's Proportion Post

Ratio- a ration is a comparison of quantities that ave the same units. These are some ways of
Example: you have 13 grapes and you give 5 grapes to your friends. It would like this.
13/5 or 13:5

Rate- is a comparison of two quantities measured in different unit.
Example: 23 beats per minute or 23 per/minute
Another example:










Proportion: A proportion states that two ratios are equal.



TASK 2
  • 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about _____mph.
  • As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
TASK 3

3/4 = 12/16
4/9 = 16/32
TASK 4



TASK 5

1. No
2.















3.If I were the judge I would give Roy Brown 1 month in jail and give Paul Allen 15 years in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment