Wednesday, October 12, 2011

J.B.'s Proportion Post

Task 1
Ratio - A comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure.

Rate - A comparison of two quantities that have different units of measure.

Proportion - An equation which states that two ratios are equal

Task 2
1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 miles mph.



2. As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playground from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quatities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.


Task 3
3/4 = 12/16 This is equivalent.
4/9 = 16/32 This is not equivalent.


Task 4


Task 5
1. Does this seem fair?

No, I don't think this fair.

2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?

I don't think this is fair because the first man stole $3 billion and only got 40 months sentence, and the other guy only stole $100 and then surrendered the next day and got over 15 years in prison.

3. What would you have done if you were the judge?

If I were the judge, I would give Paul the 15 years sentence or maybe even longer and give Roy maybe just a year or less.


Thank You for taking your time to read my post.
Hope you like it.

:p

No comments:

Post a Comment