Carlo's Proportion Post
- Ratio = A comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure.
Rate = A comparis
on of two quantities that have different units of measure.
Example: you have 10 apples and you give your 5 apples to your friend. So it would look like this 10/5 or 10:5
- Proportion = An equation which states that two ratios are equal.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph
25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the2. As a playground worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from
same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1. No It isn't fair at all! Because the guy is facing 40 months in prison and he stole like a billion dollar, but the other guy has to face 15 years in prison by stealing a $100 dollars in a bank.
2.With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?
Answer: I made this choice by reading and looking over what's wrong in the article. I think that it is not fair if u stole a billion dollar and your only facing 40 months in jail. Then the other guy took a $100 dollar in a bank and his facing a 15 years in jail so I don't think that is really fair. AT ALL!
3. If I were the judge I would let the guy who stole $100 stay in jail in 3 days and sent him into a homeless center so they could take of him.