Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Madeline's Proportion Post

Ratio - a comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure.


eg.



5 marbles : 8 total oooooooo




Rate - a comparison of two quantities measured in different units.







Proportions - an equation that which states that two ratios has two equivalent fractions (ratios).


eg.









1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 miles mph.







2. As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.










3/4 = 12/16 is true because...











4/9 = 16/32 is false because...













1. Does this seem fair? No, I don't think it is fair.



2. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?


No, I don't think it is fair, because the first man stole way more money than Roy Brown and he felt guilty and turned himself in, while Paul Allen didn't.



3. What would you have done if you were the judge?


I would have let Roy Brown go or give him 5 months in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment