Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mary's Proportion Post

1)
Define:
Ratio- a comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure










Rate- a comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure











Proportion- an equation which states that two ratios are equal












2:
a)5 hours to travel 360 mines is about ______ mph.











b) As a playgroup worker, if Iincrease the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? the orange juice is 50 ml to start with.












3)What are three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?





TRUE!










FALSE!






Here is a video to help you understand more about proportions:

















5) Does this seem fair?
No, It does NOT seem fair! I made the choice because .. it's just dumb in my opinion. I wonder who that judge was... Any ways, It is dumb because a man like, "took" $ 3 BILLION, and is ONLY facing 40 months in prison. Then, the other guy, takes a $100 bill, and has to face 15 years! The fact that he turned himself in is.. indescribable like, they should of just let him go to prison for 3 weeks!

If I, Mary D, was the judge I would let the man go to prison for a short time. Then, after, I would have a home ready for him to go to.. only because he turned himself in..


No comments:

Post a Comment