Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sarissa's Proportion Post

Ratio- a comparison of two quantities that have the same unit measure. Rate- a comparison of two quantities measured in different units. Proportion- an equation which states that two ratios are equal.

  1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72mph

    5/360 = 1/72

    2.As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.

    25 ml x4= 100ml
    50 x 4= 200

    3.3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32

    Horizontal, vertical, diagonal.
    The first one is correct.


    4.


    5.
    I do not think this is fair.

    If I where the judge I would have put Roy in jail for a less amount of time.
    And I would have put Paul in jail for more time.









No comments:

Post a Comment