Carlo's Graphing Post
1. Use your notes to list the different types of graphs. Please list the advantages and disadvantages of each graph
Advantage- You can easily compare it two or three data.
Disadvantage- Graph categories can be reordered to sets emphasize certain effects.
Double Bar Graph
Advantage- Double Bar Graph is best for comparing two sets of data.
Disadvantage-The disadvantage of double bar graph is the interval
are hard to find and plot graph.
Advantage- It's good for showing percent of total for each of the cate
Disadvantage- Is that the percents are really close and the categories.
Advantage- Line Graph is good for comparing
multiple continuous data sets easily.
Disadvantage- One disadvantage is that it can only use with continuous data.
Advantage- Pictograph is good for comparing data that can be easily counted and represented using symbols.
Disadvantage- One disadvantage for pictograph is that its hard to tell if the picture are half or 1/3.
2. How can graphs be misleading. Show 3 ways.
1) You can make the graph wider or 3D, so the people might think that it's more popular the the
2)Another way of misleading the graph drawing different sizes for pictograph.
3) Last way of misleading the data is distorting the graph or scale.
2a) The following chart shows Pizza Sub Sales over a month.
What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
Answer: I would use a Bar Graph and a Line Graph.
2b) If you were selling Pizza Subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.
Answer: Yes I will keep on selling pizza subs because people are more often buying pizza subs and the trend is getting higher everybody.
4. Below you see 2 different examples of graphs showing healthy choices sold at the canteen. If you had
to convince Mrs Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices which graph would you choose?
Answer: I think that I would use line graph because it show's the change data over time.
4a) Change each graph so that your information looks even MORE impressive. You may not change the data just the graphs.