- An advantage of using a bar graph is: You can clearly see the difference between the categories, like which one is bigger/smaller.
- A disadvantage of using a bar graph is: Depending on the scale, the number of one category might be hard to identify.
Double bar graphs:
- An advantage of using a double bar graph is: You can compare two sets of data at the same time.
- A disadvantage of using a double bar graph is: It can only be used when comparing two sets of data.
- An advantage of using a circle graph is: It shows the category compared to a whole.
- A disadvantage of using a circle graph is: You have to find the percent of each category.
- An advantage of using a pictograph is: It's good for comparing data that is easily counted and represented using symbols.
- A disadvantage of using a pictograph is: It's hard to tell if one picture is cut in half or cut in a different way.
- In a bar graph, you can make one bar wider, 3D or you can color it in to make it seem more popular.
- You can put a break in the y-axis to make the data seem smaller/bigger than it really is.
- You can make the pictures in the pictograph bigger or smaller than the others to also make it seem smaller or bigger than it is.
2. a) The following chart shows Pizza Sub sales over a month. What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
- I think that a bar graph or a line graph would show the information accurately.
2. b) If you were selling pizza subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.
- Yes I would continue to sell pizza subs because every week the sales of the Pizza Subs are getting greater. My graph explains my answer because it shows how overtime the sales get greater.
4. Below you see 2 different examples of graphs showing healthy choices sold at the canteen. If you had to convince Mrs Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices which graph would you choose?
- I would choose the line graph because it used a data set overtime.
4. a) Change each graph so that so that your information looks even MORE impressive. You may not change the data just the graphs.