Sunday, November 13, 2011

Charry's Pay it Forward

Part 1
Pay it forward is doing good things to other people and making a difference for them.

Part 2
My Pay It Forward act of kindness was to help my auntie's friend who's disabled.I did this with my partner Kate Velasco, I decided what are we going to do. I chose this activity because I like to help (old) people with disabilities. We helped Precilla Malla, we call her tita (auntie) Malla, she's 59 years old, shes disabled with psoriasis arthritis and diabetes since 2003. We asked her what can we do for her. We did this act of kindness last November 13, 2011 at 11:30 A.M to 3:30 P.M.



Part 3
Our act of kindness went well . First I introduced Kate to her , we asked her "what can we do for her?".
We saw her kitchen, there's a lots of dirty dishes . So , we washed it , we cooked rice for her, we swept the floor, we cleaned her table. We saw her bedroom and she asked us is it okay to help her fold some of her clothes "yes we can". I noticed that her bedroom is crowded with her things and a little bit messy, I told her that we can do some "interior designing here". We moved some stuff, while we're cleaning up, we were talking,sharing stories like her experience when she's young. We're done at that time. We asked a permission, if we can take a video and a photo to her. She approved. She was so happy when she saw her bedroom was all cleaned up.She told us that she's going to pay but we told her that its okay because we did this for free and she doesn't have to.She's thankful to us . She want us to visit and to come back if we have a free time. Kate and I had so much fun.I'm so happy because we make her (Tita Malla) so happy and Kate and I helped each other to take pictures and videos and to help Tita Malla.

Part 4
Pay it forward is important because you share good things to others.


5 comments:

  1. Great job Charry.
    I liked how you explained what Pay it Forward is and what you did for your act of kindness was really nice of you and Kate to help tita :)
    I liked that you filmed the before and after that was a huge difference and she must have been VERY happy. Good job and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Charry! You and your partner did a wonderful job! Helping older and sick people is a good idea! I loved the video, you guise did a wonderful act of kindness. I hope you two won't stop helping others! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Charry,you and Kate did a very good job.I liked your video and what you did to help out Tita Malla.Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Charry! I really liked that you got to help her. I also liked that you are the one who did her dishes, folded up her clothes a few more. I think that it is very important to have fun and not regretting that moment you did this activity. I think that you are very helpful to her, I think that you are happy and very proud of your self. You did a very awesome job, but one thing though, you could've added more details on your part 1 and part 2 of your pay it forward scribe post. To make sure that you completed and gave enough more details is very important especially at this kind of scribe post that talks about YOUR experience during that stage. I hope that you will carry this suggestions of mine through out the year, use this as a advice to improve your scribes even more better and to be more detailed experience teller. I hope that you will continue your good work. Keep up the good work and I really think that you can DO IT DEFINITELY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Guys ! Kate and I made a difference we had so much fun while we're doing this. We might go to her house this weekend and help her again :)

    Ps: thanks for the advice Isabel :)

    ReplyDelete